Brazilian Butt Lift in Milwaukee
A Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure when fat is taken from areas of excess, is processed, and then injected into your butt to:
- add volume
- shape the roundness
- create an illusion of a lift by adding more volume to the upper part of the butt
- it also helps to shape the waist by taking away your love handles, creating a beautiful hourglass figure.
The Brazilian butt lift is based on fat grafting, which involves removing a patient’s own fat from one part of the body and re-implanting it where it’s needed – in this case, the buttocks.
The Brazilian butt lift is actually a two-part surgical procedure:
During Part 1 of the surgery, fat is liposuctioned from areas of the body where it is in excess. This provides the added benefit of removing excess fat from other parts of the body, improving the patient’s overall look. Usually, several tiny incisions are made to access the fatty areas where liposuction will be performed. The fat removed via liposuction is then processed and purified in the operating room, and the second stage of the surgery begins.
This part of the procedure involves multiple injections of the patient’s own fat back into the buttocks, where it is sculpted by Dr. Sonderman, making the buttocks larger and rounder. Once the appropriate amount of fat is injected, the procedure is complete. After the procedure, patients will experience swelling and bruising, but this will subside after a few weeks.. The discomfort from the surgery will be managed by pain medication prescribed by Dr. Sonderman. The results are immediate, but the buttocks will be at their largest right after the procedure and will slightly decrease in size as you heal from the surgery. The final result and size of the new butt will be visible after a full three months of healing.
Are You A Candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure?
The key to being a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift is to have an adequate amount of fat in other areas of your body. Dr. Sonderman will remove excess fat from areas that may include the abdomen, love handles, thighs, hips, back or arms. This is the fat that will be removed via liposuction, purified and injected into the buttocks. Without available fat, Dr. Sonderman will not be able to do the procedure.
What Happens After The Surgery?
Immediately after surgery, your butt will be large and swollen. All the fat that has been injected will be there, and you will be very swollen from the surgery itself. This will go away over the next few weeks and your butt will decrease in size. Over the next three months, some of the fat that has not survived is lost, so it really takes three months to see the final results.
It is very important to avoid sitting on your buttocks as much as possible in the first few weeks after surgery. In order to take direct pressure off the bottom, you should sleep on your stomach or on your sides. When sitting, try to have your weight placed on your thighs, rather than your buttocks. You should be up and walking the day following your surgery. To help improve the shape of the buttocks and expedite healing and minimize the amount of fluid formation, patients are often encourage to wear a compression garment for up to six weeks after the surgery.
Can I Do Other Procedures At The Same Time?
Patients often ask if they can have multiple areas liposuctioned, in addition to the areas typically used for the Brazilian Butt Lift. Additional areas can be added, at additional cost. Breast Augmentations and Breast Lifts may also be combined with this procedure.
Brazilian Butt Lift Versus Silicone Butt Implants
Prior to the Brazilian butt lift procedure, doctors were using silicone implants to reshape the buttocks. These implants had their share of risks and complications, and the results often didn’t look natural. But the Brazilian Butt Lift surgery offers many benefits over silicone implants, including:
- A more natural appearance – The Brazilian butt lift uses the patient’s own fatty deposits to reshape the buttocks, resulting in a more natural appearance.
- Less painful recovery – The Brazilian butt lift is less painful than butt implant surgery and is the smart choice for patients worried about painful and long recoveries.
- Minimal scarring – The Brazilian butt lift produce minimal scars; women are able to wear bikinis without showing an evidence of this cosmetic procedure.
- No implant-related complications – Complications from silicone implants include infection, displacement, visibility of the implant, leakage, ruptures and hardening of the implant. These complications are avoided with the Brazilian butt lift. Once fully healed, there are no future complications you need to worry about.
- Rounder, larger buttocks – The Brazilian butt lift allows doctors to create larger, fuller buttocks than with silicone implants, while helping to slim down the areas where there was an excess of fat.